• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Private Messaging trouble?

ancientdad

Administrator
Staff member
Total Posts
Total likes
If anyone is unable to send a PM since our server crash, it may be that your Private Messaging has been turned off due to the event. I discovered that this morning after getting an email from Kevin at Scrambler Cycle about his PM not working.

If you try to send a PM and your Private Messaging says it is not enabled, go to "Settings" in the upper right of your browser, then in "My Settings" on the left side of the page go to "General Settings", then scroll down to see "Private Messaging" settings, then tick the dot for "Private Messaging On" and scroll to the bottom of the page to click "Save Changes" on the lower right.

PM's not working for me. I sent you an email a couple days ago.

I can do the install and directions, extensive road testing is limited to weather and time. Love the PNW this time of year, not really. Fortunately I got the winterizing of the house done last week before getting sick as we're getting upper 20's/low 30's overnight.
PM sent

I found another section that may have been reset by the crash. See if it's working now.

Hmmm that's kinda odd that these settings would be reset by the crash. Unless they did a restore from a recent back up of some sort. And if so I wonder what else we might have lost or got reset.

Hmmm that's kinda odd that these settings would be reset by the crash. Unless they did a restore from a recent back up of some sort. And if so I wonder what else we might have lost or got reset.

So far I haven't noticed anything that was lost. I do find it unusual that only a few settings were affected by it.

Back
Top Bottom