• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Maduncle's many other Hondas

maduncle

Total Posts
Total likes
Hey there,

I have had a few non parallel twin Hondas.

CB500
CB750K4
CB750F2
VT250
VFR750
VFR800

But my favourite non parallel twin Honda is the one I still have - my 1985 VF500.

IMG_0749.JPG

This is one sweet machine, my regular reliable commute and one I will be keeping in the collection.

If you ever get the chance to add one to your Honda fleet - do it.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 29
But my favourite non parallel twin Honda is the one I still have - my 1985 VF500.
This is one sweet machine, my regular reliable commute and one I will be keeping in the collection.

I agree. A buddy bought one brand new shortly after I bought my VT500 Ascot new; we’d swap bikes every once in awhile, and I couldn’t wait my turn to ride his. Sweet, indeed. Yours looks great!

Tom - 1982 CM450E
(“Noob”, but learning fast!)

That's the bike I wanted in high school, haven't seen a nice one for sale around here in a long time. Maybe if I ever run out of projects....

Thought I'd drop my 'non-parallel' twin here.

Bit of a conundrum though, not sure if it qualifies as 'vintage' as the word 'vintage' seems to not be defined anywhere in members' must read or info.;)

Anyway, it's a 2002 manufacture:
PNG 1.jpg

Insurance companies use 25 years as a general rule for "vintage". It's really up for interpretation though and we haven't set any rule for it.
I've thought 1986 was pretty much the end of the twins for vintage but again there's the CMX250 Rebel series and the even newer CB250 Nighthawks that are engine wise in the same general engine family as the CM185 and they're still carbureted into 2016.
We are pretty focused on carbureted parallel twins so I think that's sort of the rough rule but we also have the "Other" section for bikes that don't quite fit

Insurance companies use 25 years as a general rule for "vintage". It's really up for interpretation though . . .

Yes, LDR, it's all over the place, especially defining 'classic' and 'vintage'.

For us, our registration authority (DVLA -Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) uses 40 years as a marker to allow us free registration (road tax) and no obligatory annual roadworthiness checks.

So,,,,,I'm guessing my 7 year old CB500F doesn't make the cut. That's OK. It is still the best bike I have ever owned. AND it is a parallel twin.

In response to the earlier posts about the VF500, If I could have any bike I used to own back in my garage, that would be the one, followed closely be the TransAlp(which really is a vintage twin).

Back
Top Bottom