• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CM450E rear coilovers

n00ben7

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi guys. Tried a search but nothing came up.
Looking for some coilovers for my 82 cm450e. I've been looking on Amazon and found these
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07G4B2G8K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OCzoFb969YPSA

However the eye and clevis measurements don't match up. I measured the stock mounting points and the top is 16mm and the bottom is 10mm.

Could anyone provide some options?

I'm planning on raising the rear a bit so they dont have to be 320mm coils

Thanks.

You're looking for eye to clevis shocks. The 10mm bolt at the clevis is pretty standard. The eye bushings are pretty much standardized also. It's really picking the correct length of the shock.
320mm is the right length.
Why are you raising the rear suspension?

I need to raise maybe 5-10mm, depending on how stiffer the new coils are, to prevent bottoming out on my modified rear hoop and seat pan.

On my frame the rod where the eye of the shock sits on is 15/16mm. I guess I could press in a new bushing on the new shocks.

Any opinions on the RFY coils? From my searching they seem like decent budget coils.

Those shocks are going to require some work. The lower bolt is listed as an 8mm where your's is 10mm so some machine work and a 10x1.25 tap will be needed, can't use the smaller bolt there.
The top mount is going to be questionable as to whether removing the steel bushing will give enough clearance to push the shock onto the mount.
Also 320mm is the stock length so you're right back where you started.
This one is probably closer to what you want https://www.amazon.ca/Luckmart-13-5...+to+clevis&qid=1597688624&s=automotive&sr=1-5
Issues concerning raised rear/stock front are reduced rake and trail of the front wheel. This can cause instability at speed. If this occurs it can get pretty ugly real fast.
Have you considered changing the rear hoop section to get proper tire clearance? That would be the best way of dealing with this.

The 320mm have 20mm of preload adjustment. Do you know what the stock spring rate is?

It has 10mm seat adjustment at the clevis, not sure if extends or retracts, and the 20mm at the top which should extend the overall length.

I have about 55mm of clearance on top of the wheel. I'm not sure where I read that the rear working stroke is 60mm so I should be ok

I bought the same shocks and realized that I have to do a bit of work too them.
(The lower bolt is listed as an 8mm where your's is 10mm so some machine work and a 10x1.25 tap will be needed, can't use the smaller bolt there.) Was thinking of over sizing hole to match bolt and locknut it ?
(The top mount is going to be questionable as to whether removing the steel bushing will give enough clearance to push the shock onto the mount.) Removing it did not give enough clearance, just need to shave something down a bit or jam it on with some lube. With the bushing out its not off by much.

Back
Top Bottom