• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

keihin jet direction

safayan

Total Posts
Total likes
absolutely dumb question incoming. have a new 72 CL350, the carbs came separated from the bike and they didn't have primary or secondary main jets. So I bought a set of jets with o-rings not installed on them, and I'm now realizing I don't know which space on the jets to put the o-ring on and thus which way the jets go directionally in their seats. I realized this after I installed them as pictured. is this correct? I'm mostly sure this is correct because you can see the size of the jet the way they're currently installed, but who knows
effb5a13ff5b551fe87596e6ae393268.jpg

cba9a37c7f966ffbb8dcde0b1821e9a8.jpg

9e178610a9f206c75f80de461e493089.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The way you have the o-ring in your pictures looks correct;you can read the jet# size from the bottom,and the black steel spring holder goes into the wide groove at the bottom with the jet #.;)

The O-ring goes on the other groove. The tapered nozzle end groove is for the jet holder.

So I just found some extra stock CB550F jets lying around and they have the o-ring in the same groove as I have them installed for these jets: the o-ring installed on the end of the jet with the shallow hole, meaning the end with the deep hole in the jet is facing down into the carb bowl. Are your 350 jets different?
20b2ffcfa71f540909a4a86480f52842.jpg

b98881eb404269a30c68ce67ad98af99.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I just looked at the jets for half a dozen 350 carbs I'm working with. The jet number stamped on the side is the end for the jet holder. The other end gets the O-ring which is where the taper section inside is.
So your O-ring placement in the pictures is correct, my reply was wrong.

Gotcha, thanks for confirming. Now we know [emoji1360]

And this little exchange is exactly why I read and participate in VHT. People just working out an answer, no bs, no chest pounding.

Back
Top Bottom