• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

"Your bike's on fire.... it's smoking."

ballbearian

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Thus ended a beautiful, warm afternoon ride and a trip home in the Honda Hearse (ugliest 98 E150 cargo van you'll find).

8yuKSe6.jpg

Stopping at ours friend's back yard with too soft for side stand dirt. Distraction took it's toll and the key was left on. Didn't take but maybe 10-15 minutes.

MGYvSp0.jpg

As Smoky the ballBearian says, "Only you can prevent coilmeltdown forest fires".

Well that sucks. I'm actually surprised the wiring melted down, typically it just toasts the inside of the coil so some of it comes outside.

Well that sucks. I'm actually surprised the wiring melted down, typically it just toasts the inside of the coil so some of it comes outside.

Quite the drama with smoke and stink. Blew the fuse, of course. Poor Charles was beside himself and wanting to relocate his ignition switch to up top.

We call his 73 CB350 "Mr. Greenjeans", I told him we should call it "Richard Pryor" now. :biggrin:

Ouch,I'm sorry to hear 'mr. greenjeans' got too 'over heated';was it a bad connection? or a defective coil ?

Wiring burning has it's own unique smell. I believe it to be the worst smell in the world because you know what it is, and you know it's too late to do anything about it by the time you smell it

Wiring burning has it's own unique smell. I believe it to be the worst smell in the world because you know what it is, and you know it's too late to do anything about it by the time you smell it

Agree, you know right away it's the death knell. While I was installing car accessories the guys used to call it "installer's cologne"

Back
Top Bottom