• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

WTB: CB/CL 200 timing advancer (354)

Jramos13

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi all!

Im almost done putting the cl200 engine together, when cleaning the time advancer I noticed that the springs where not retracting the balance arms. They had no tension at all...

If anyone has a working time advancer for sale, 354 model for a CB/CL200 i would greatly appreciate it! Im hesitant to buy from ebay without knowing the condition of the springs.

Thanks!

Hi all!

Im almost done putting the cl200 engine together, when cleaning the time advancer I noticed that the springs where not retracting the balance arms. They had no tension at all...

If anyone has a working time advancer for sale, 354 model for a CB/CL200 i would greatly appreciate it! Im hesitant to buy from ebay without knowing the condition of the springs.

Thanks!
I'd clip the coil hook on the worst one and bend to make a new hook. They are forced to work together so just do one and observe the curve with a strobe light. You do want full advance around 4K rpm.

will definitely try that. If by any chance I put to much tension, would it only be noticeable at high rpms? I currently so do not have a timing light, but im still curious if I can get the advancer fixed by doing that.

will definitely try that. If by any chance I put to much tension, would it only be noticeable at high rpms? I currently so do not have a timing light, but im still curious if I can get the advancer fixed by doing that.
Without a strobe you don't really know what's going on with your timing. Loose springs could be a hanging advance at idle. It is hard to even set an accurate static timing adjustment so you could be over advancing at high rpm. Not good. Get a strobe, they're cheap and easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom