• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Will this still work?

HondaCA95-1965

Total Posts
Total likes
Hello all-
I am in the process of rebuilding a 65 CA95 and found that my stator assembly has some spots without wrap. I am curious if this will be a problem and if so, is there a way to repair this or should it just be replaced? I am trying to keep as much of the bike as I can, but understand that some things are beyond saving. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 15
As long as the coils are still intact and don't appear to have been gouged which would cause loss of coating on the windings allowing them to short to each other, it should be fine. AFAIK it's a dry cover (no oil in the area) so with a good gasket on the cover to keep it watertight, you shouldn't have any issues.

You'll be fine running it. The copper wires have an insulation coating on them and the outer wrap was to provide additional protection. As long as you done bang the copper around it'll still be insulated and work fine.

My Dream CA78 had the same bald spot, I used a couple coats of Liquid Tape from the hardware store. Still good after 300 miles.

Back
Top Bottom