• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

What is this part? (Stock CB200T)

Some of the bigger Hondas during that period came with a turn signal reminder beeper like the CB750 and Gold Wing in the mid-'70s, but the 200 did not come with one from the factory. As Jim mentioned, someone added it and the pair of yellow wires are a dead giveaway, Honda would have marked them separate colors related to the turn signal circuit.

So I should be fine to just get rid of it? It doesn’t have any attachment method other than hanging there, and I don’t know why I would need a beeper. Never needed one before.

So I should be fine to just get rid of it? It doesn’t have any attachment method other than hanging there, and I don’t know why I would need a beeper. Never needed one before.

Yes, it was just something to remind someone that their turn signal was left blinking but at road speed you couldn't hear them anyway, unless that one is louder than the stock Honda part used on the bigger bikes. No negative effects on the wiring at all but be sure the connections are properly insulated after you undo however the PO connected it since it was likely a home-made splice job.

Yes, it was just something to remind someone that their turn signal was left blinking but at road speed you couldn't hear them anyway, unless that one is louder than the stock Honda part used on the bigger bikes. No negative effects on the wiring at all but be sure the connections are properly insulated after you undo however the PO connected it since it was likely a home-made splice job.
Gotcha. Thanks. I’ll make sure to do the rewire correctly. Soldering iron and heat shrink have never failed me yet.

Back
Top Bottom