• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Use of CB350 camshaft in SL350K1??

Mikepacific60

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Hi all,
Can you use a CB350 camshaft in an SL350K1? Well, I assuming it will fit, but is it suitable? I think from what I’ve read the CB cam is designed to rev harder than the SL cam, but how will it go in the SL head with its smaller ports and smaller carburettors? The reason I’m asking is I have the chance to buy a NOS CB cam (whereas my SL cam has some wear).
Any advice welcomed.
Cheers
Mike

I think you'll get a different torque curve since the smaller ports and K1/K2 camshaft designed for a wider, flatter powerband were intended for more grunt but you'll probably suffer overall horsepower loss because of the higher rev camshaft with smaller ports and carbs. Now if you used a CB/CL head on the top end along with that camshaft...

Yes, that is what I was afraid of…..probably best to give the CB cam a miss (don’t really want to go down the rabbit hole of CB head..then carbs, then exhaust etc etc…)
Cheers
Mike

Back
Top Bottom