• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Turn signals switch, horn SL175

1972sl

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I rebuilt a 1972 SL175 a hell of a journey as it was missing almost everything original. Anyway.

I am in need of turn signal, horn and relay assembly to connect to my existing tail lights that has the capability of brake and turn signal.

I didn't seem to find that on partzilla or other diagrams. Silly thought but did this bike not come with turn signals? It is Enduro but very much so more dirt bike looking to me .

Any suggestions on a complete assembly from experience?

12v Lithiulm battery, rec/reg upgraded already.
a06c7104442f31ceadbb035422147ea8.jpg
ec38e1522d6e53d928e96231ad341851.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Silly thought but did this bike not come with turn signals?

Not silly as most early SL designation bikes did NOT come with turn signals.....

Judging by your pics, you NEED front fork seals and either a fender or fork brace to prevent the flexing that likely caused the current seals to fail......

Pics are too dark to ascertain any other possible problem areas........

I rebuilt a 1972 SL175 a hell of a journey as it was missing almost everything original. Anyway.

I am in need of turn signal, horn and relay assembly to connect to my existing tail lights that has the capability of brake and turn signal.

I didn't seem to find that on partzilla or other diagrams. Silly thought but did this bike not come with turn signals? It is Enduro but very much so more dirt bike looking to me .

Any suggestions on a complete assembly from experience?

12v Lithiulm battery, rec/reg upgraded already.

Odd to see an SL175 with CL pipes, different. You can get a very similar replacement horn to the original from 4into1, though they don't stock the chrome version anymore like I bought - https://4into1.com/economy-compact-horn-black/

Steve's reference to the SLs coming without turn signals is correct, I bought a brand new SL175K0 in 1970 and none of the SLs had signals or the switch for them, the left handlebar switch only had a horn button in it.

This is what the SL175 should look like.

OQKKdjG.jpg

I added turn signals to mine because I hope to ride it on the road. Also, because I used CB175 switch gear, which has the turn signals button built in, also the lever perches built in. Proper SL has separate lever perches.

Interested to see the CL pipes. I tried those myself, but found one pipe very close to frame down tube, also got in way of left air filter and side panel. Did look trick though.

My bike

YS91dts.jpg

Thank you very much very helpful and very cool bike as well

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom