• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Someone with design and printer skills

Flyin900

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
We have a couple of trophies in our Vintage bike club that I want to change out the current speedo (Suzuki) to a funny Honda style faceplate and gauge. I have lots of gauges to use, yet I need assistance in creating a new face plate for the replacement unit.

Here are a couple of faceplates from a joke gauge that I think would be funnier and an appropriate update on the trophy. I can supply the faceplate dimensions and I can cut out the mileage areas. I just need a printed glossy paper finish with a funny caption. I am open to other captions, as I have the trophy for this year and need a new project. LOL!

I had a local graphics artist and company who did all my speciality graphics, yet she closed the business late last year. :cry:

Another option is is someone can take the specs of the faceplate I supply and do the design in a printable format. I can then print it on a proper paper stock. I just don't have the skills to design it myself.

Gauges.jpg

Trophy in question.

P1080436.JPG
I

Last edited:
Ok I found a local graphics place to do the work at least in a phone conversation with them. I will drop this artwork :) off there next week to confirm they can do it for the price they estimated. I have started pulling a gauge apart and getting the rear section sized to fit the bracket on the trophy presently. I want to change as little as possible with the mounting and just replace the gauge with something a little more fun.

We are a good group of both guys and gals mostly all in our senior years, yet still love to ride and have fun. (y)

Here is my proposed artwork and any suggestions are welcome as I will only be doing this once.

Gauge 1.jpg

Ok another option with AD's suggestion and another caption too. It isn't too important, yet I have been working on the speedo and guts and getting the outer case done to offer up a much cleaner finish than the Suzuki open back speedo that was on the trophy.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated. (y)

img001.jpg

Well I decided to keep it in line with the original gauge design and used a US model Honda gauge I had in VG condition. It was easier to adapt to the trophy stand bracket with less mods, yet I do still have all the pieces to take one apart and put a custom printed face plate on there.

P1090690.JPG

Back
Top Bottom