• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Sealed Headlight

1972sl

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Afternoon. Any recommendations on where to purchase a sealed Headlight for my 1972 SL175.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

The place to start is the part number, then search the internet for the part by part number. Here's the part number, found at either CMSNL or Partzilla. David Silver Spares does not have one, I checked. 33120-307-671 You may have to go with an aftermarket headlight and case if the stock one is not available

The place to start is the part number, then search the internet for the part by part number. Here's the part number, found at either CMSNL or Partzilla. David Silver Spares does not have one, I checked. 33120-307-671 You may have to go with an aftermarket headlight and case if the stock one is not available
Thank you. I found that info as well from the drive. I was hoping these lights fairly standard

I was wondering if anyone had luck with a grab and go from a local store like walmart or auto part.

Sealed Headlight perhaps from Sylvania or similar. Besides the diameter and voltage and is it really that specific per year and model?

If you want it to still look stock it’s going to be tough as the SL175/350 and the CL175 all have a smaller than typical headlight lens size of 5 1/4”. You might have luck squeezing a repro headlight and bucket combo from a website like z1. I bought my replacement off eBay if you are set on getting a replacement bulb you might have to do the h4 bulb mod as others have done on this site. Good luck!

Thank you. Makes lot of sense. I was hoping for plug and.play but sounds like not the case

I googled 5 1/4 sealed beam headlight and got local retail results from $10-15. Perhaps try that?

Is that a 12V bike?

I googled 5 1/4 sealed beam headlight and got local retail results from $10-15. Perhaps try that?

Is that a 12V bike?
12v 120 CA Small Case Lithium Battery

$

That is exactly what I was wondering is can I just use one of those bulbs that you can find in a local store for 12 volt or does it have to be motorcycle specific

These headlights are widely available locally in Walmart and such stores can't this be used?
9fe675142a3cea2c3cadcfb552cae9cc.jpg
8c6140e1197f523fff02a27c3ae39586.jpg
0692afd436b9948749c100783e5ef02d.jpg

IF you can manage to modify/fabricate a means of mounting them within the motorcycle's headlight bezel, they will provide "forward projecting" light, but it has been my experience that:
A; The light will NOT be properly aimed... (Lens is wrong for this application)
B; They won't last very long... (Automobile beam filaments seem to be not as resistant to vibrational fracture as motorcycle specific ones)

IF you can manage to modify/fabricate a means of mounting them within the motorcycle's headlight bezel, they will provide "forward projecting" light, but it has been my experience that:
A; The light will NOT be properly aimed... (Lens is wrong for this application)
B; They won't last very long... (Automobile beam filaments seem to be not as resistant to vibrational fracture as motorcycle specific ones)
Thank you that answers my question. I thought that might be exact fit and model but it sounds like motorcycle seal headlights are bike specific.

I was wishful thinking they used universal auto and motorcycle sealed lights back then

Is that the same diameter as the CB160 seal beam?

Not EXACTLY the identical dimensions , but I have managed to install an aftermarket "5 1/4" " motorcycle H4 lens/reflector assembly in a 160 ('68 CL 175) bezel using some "W" or "M" spring clips and it JUST (but barely just) can be fitted...
Therefore it likely could be fitted into the cases in point......

Alrighty, found it. The sealed Headlight on my 1972 SL175 IS " n784 2c1 sealed headlight wagner"

it's available on Amazon for $12.5 and they have 150 Units left. See attached images.

I hope this helps. Please note it's possible my bikes headlight harness was not original not 100% so check your yours before you go with my suggestion. I am not original owner

35ee39213c9a2a8cc69126a5345bed2f.jpg

fd991327dce91805d97b829b9412f065.jpg

19de42d4a1d157e11a00d8a60acc75cb.jpg
30a6b27963f86f58ccc6c2b0bcc13b1b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly that is not original, the PO altered the wiring for a headlight that has spade connectors. Wagner never made anything for Honda motorcycles, the PO just got "lucky" and made it fit.

Clearly that is not original, the PO altered the wiring for a headlight that has spade connectors. Wagner never made anything for Honda motorcycles, the PO just got "lucky" and made it fit.
Makes since. Figured So. That's why I posted images and disclaimer about my specific bike.

I might change bucket in the future with all assembly but for now going to work with what I have

It might prove helpful to others if you posted pics of exactly how the beam was secured in the bezel.......

Back
Top Bottom