• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Scrambled? an Orange Crush Royal Enfield Interceptor

Interested to see this, did it work out OK ?

Reason I ask is that the Hornets air box is in a similar location. One of the guys* on the Hornets Nest website replaced the stock snorkel with a velocity stack arrangement. Looked great, but he reported fuelling problems at high speed, putting this down to turbulence in the air flow, velocity stack sticking out sideways into the air blast.

1718091647401.png

* experienced motorcycle tuner and modifier, real life job armourer in British Army

Interested to see this, did it work out OK ?

Reason I ask is that the Hornets air box is in a similar location. One of the guys* on the Hornets Nest website replaced the stock snorkel with a velocity stack arrangement. Looked great, but he reported fuelling problems at high speed, putting this down to turbulence in the air flow, velocity stack sticking out sideways into the air blast.

View attachment 33747

* experienced motorcycle tuner and modifier, real life job armourer in British Army
It works well and gains a little seat-of-the-pants torque. Being a 270° engine high speed isn't its thing.

I took it out this afternoon for an inspection sticker and a 50 mile ride to scrub in these tires a little bit. They do produce a hum and a vibration, word is after ~100 miles they settle in and smooth out. They seemed quieter near the end of my ride and handling was good.

I like your wheels;did this Royal Enfield Interceptor of yours come with alloy drop-center rims as standard ?

Yes these arrived stock with stainless spokes, 2.5x18 front and 3.5x18 rear.
Factory tubeless cast alloys are available too but these rims have bead ridges and it's popular to seal the spoked rims and go tubeless. That's not for me though.

20240602_135108.jpg20240602_133703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom