• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Remove ends of header?

WildeEngineer

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
While measuring my headers I realized at the end of the headers there seems to be a black exhaust pipe that I don't see in the diagrams for exhaust. Is this something added on by the PO that I can/should remove?
9a6aa6b6084dc72f8f3176dab97c4d7b.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Having never seen the last version of CL450 muffler (K5 and K6) off the pipes, I can't be sure but it could either be something someone added or it could be part of the original internals from the mufflers though they don't appear to have broken loose from anywhere. Do you still have the original mufflers? Did you remove them yourself?

Do you still have the original mufflers? Did you remove them yourself?

I don't have the original mufflers, it came with aftermarket mufflers. Now that I think about it, it's possible they are the internals from the aftermarkets

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Well I had no success removing them, so I guess my next option is getting new headers made or cutting them. I know the original exhausts had the top muffler welded on so they either aren't original or have already been cut and modified. If I want to get the bike close to original I'd end up needing a full exhaust anyways, so is there any reason I'm not thinking of that I should keep the pipes as is and not cut them up?

If I cut them I'm going to convert them into 2into1 instead of getting custom headers made

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

Well I had no success removing them, so I guess my next option is getting new headers made or cutting them. I know the original exhausts had the top muffler welded on so they either aren't original or have already been cut and modified. If I want to get the bike close to original I'd end up needing a full exhaust anyways, so is there any reason I'm not thinking of that I should keep the pipes as is and not cut them up?

If I cut them I'm going to convert them into 2into1 instead of getting custom headers made

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

As difficult as it is to find any original exhausts in serviceable shape these days I'd say you may as well cut them to fit a 2 into 1 collector/muffler. It isn't like you can't find another set of header pipes with rotted mufflers at a later date, there are more of them out there in that condition if you want another set of factory header pipes to work with down the road.

Back
Top Bottom