• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Post a picture of your Vintage Honda Twin!

Tom, apes were on it when I purchased... not my favorite and I have an original set of bars just too lazy to change to date.:biggrin:

I hear you on the PITA of changing bars with internal wiring. Hard to tell in the picture if the PO extended the wires and ran them inside or not. Other than that, the bike looks so original and in excellent condition it's great.

And I noticed the key was on in the railroad track shot in case you had to make a quick getaway... :eek:

My '82 CM450E with 6K miles, on a beach in Sanibel Island, FL. About an hour later, a 4' bright green iguana came into the road in front of me. Don't let anyone tell you those guys can't go real fast when they want to, and if they are warm enough.

Sanibel bike.jpg

I went back out there today and just wandered around the dirt roads, got purposefully lost. It was great. Eventually popped out at the road I started out on. Apparently I did a giant loop.

That had to be cool. I went there in '94 while on vacation, walked up one of the paths a long way and it gives you a better perspective of just how big and high that mountain is. Beautiful scenery.

I’ll post a new photo of mine, taken last Saturday. I did the non-destructive cafe conversion a couple weeks ago. For the record, it’s a 1969 CL350.

63-CD323-A-5-EF0-4169-87-F0-699-CAE318-F95.jpg

Very clean! I like how you made "several" test rides just since this morning - it's a great feeling getting a machine back on the road...
Thank you.
When I got this bike the clutch was stuck and slipping at upper RPM's. Oil was leaking from all 4 oil seals on lower R engine side. Paint was awful on tins and frame. During my mini restoration I replaced throttle cable and in doing so replaced gaskets on carbs. Once assembled I worried 1 or more of the 4 new oil seals would still leak, that the carbs would leak gas, the clutch would still slip. Telling on my self. When I first kicked it off and the bike fired on 3rd kick, it revved up to high RPM's. I shut it off and checked the carb slides. When I had replaced the throttle cable I mistakenly installed the L slide into the carb upside down! Quick fix and she fired and idled right off. So I had several areas of concern as I took her out onto the streets in my neighborhood for shakedown. I extended my trips from just around the block finishing with a 10 mile ride. No problems at all I'm happy to say. Thanks again

I’ll post a new photo of mine, taken last Saturday. I did the non-destructive cafe conversion a couple weeks ago. For the record, it’s a 1969 CL350.
This is a awesome looking bike. I bet she rides as good as she looks. I also bet she get lots of lookers when she's out and about.

This is a awesome looking bike. I bet she rides as good as she looks. I also bet she get lots of lookers when she's out and about.
Thank you! Yes, it gets many more looks and comments as the vintage cafe than it did stock. More fun to ride, too.

Squeezing last warm days (5 degC in the morning) I have met elder mate at our office parking. 1968 meets 1972 at the same place.
1968-1972.jpg

You guys have lots of gorgeous bikes, and it makes me ashamed to even post this, but... here's my '95

Please don't be ashamed. I have been a rider since 1962. I've owned many brands and models. Anyone currently owning ANY motorcycle or once being a rider has something in common with us all. We love the freedom of riding, wind in our faces traveling along solo or in a group with friends. The lifestyle any motorcycle brings to us unifies all. When I ride my old Honda up to the local Harley Shop I am welcomed by all as most of us are not brand or model snobs. Nice little scooter you have. I would rider her anywhere anytime an be very happy do so.
You guys have lots of gorgeous bikes, and it makes me ashamed to even post this, but... here's my '95

Your bike is in fastest color. Your interests are inline with mine. History is a patient teacher.

I was Native American fan at my childhood. At 80's we had in Poland some interesting books, which were much more educational than Karl May or J.F. Cooper stories

Please don't be ashamed. I have been a rider since 1962. I've owned many brands and models. Anyone currently owning ANY motorcycle or once being a rider has something in common with us all. We love the freedom of riding, wind in our faces traveling along solo or in a group with friends. The lifestyle any motorcycle brings to us unifies all. When I ride my old Honda up to the local Harley Shop I am welcomed by all as most of us are not brand or model snobs. Nice little scooter you have. I would rider her anywhere anytime an be very happy do so.

Couldn't have said it any better.

It wasn't that long ago you'd still catch some crap riding a Japanese bike to a Harley shop, but it's a lot better these days than it's ever been in that regard.

Hey daddattack, I like most all vintage bikes. If it’s old, it’s cool, so don’t hesitate posting your photos!

From yesterday's ride, after work

Attachments

• 1 cm200t 8-25-22.jpg
    1 cm200t 8-25-22.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2 cm200t 8-25-22.jpg
    2 cm200t 8-25-22.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 3 cm200t 8-25-22.jpg
    3 cm200t 8-25-22.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 12
Here is my K4.
CB450.jpg IMG_0304.jpg

Don't know what will happen though. I was contacted by an older gentleman who said he has wanted a candy red CB450 since he was 16 years old in the 70:s.
He made me an offer that is OK. It would get a good home, saw pictured of his CB650 and it was fabulous.
CB450:s are rare here, only seen one unmolested for sale since i found mine some 4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my K4.

Don't know what will happen though. I was contacted by an older gentleman who said he has wanted a candy red CB450 since he was 16 years old in the 70:s.
He made me an offer that is OK. It would get a good home, saw pictured of his CB650 and it was fabulous.
CB450:s are rare here, only seen one unmolested for sale since i found mine some 4 years ago.

Well, if you sell it to him then he needs to join VHT. :) But if I were you, I'd keep it.

We´ll see. The thing is i got retired and will be most of the year at our apartment at Tenerife in Canary islands. The weather there is perfect for riding but it is an apartment without garage/workshop so to take the Honda there does not happen. We keep the house in Gothenburg but the Honda would just be gathering dust most of the year with no use. I would get a newer "maintenance free" bike at Tenerife, maybe ship my Triumph Street Cup over there. Difficult!

We´ll see. The thing is i got retired and will be most of the year at our apartment at Tenerife in Canary islands. The weather there is perfect for riding but it is an apartment without garage/workshop so to take the Honda there does not happen. We keep the house in Gothenburg but the Honda would just be gathering dust most of the year with no use. I would get a newer "maintenance free" bike at Tenerife, maybe ship my Triumph Street Cup over there. Difficult!

I understand. Sounds like a good problem to have! :)

3100 miles into this experience. Couldn’t be happier.

234d3eefa93e244232c18a3ab0faf1a0.jpg

Feels solid as a rock. Lots of learning yet to come. Some winter plans are shaping up - can’t let that hole in my wallet heal over.

Clutch, shift detent and pizza cutter next.

So decision taken and the 450 is gone. Not an easy one, i really liked the bike but it would just sit in the garage gathering dust while i am abroad, so better someone who really wanted it and will also use it has the possibility. The buyer lives in southern Sweden where there are lots of perfect curvy roads for riding. Also told him of this site and so he can join. Big thanks to you all, have learned a lot from your experience and got good help when i got stuck or was not sure when tinkering.
///TRSX
IMG_0930.jpg

I'm sure we all here wish you the best. Good to know we have an ambassador in Tenerife to spread the VHT joy. Orphan twins pop up everywhere, you never know.

I took this artsy photo of my 350 on the way home from breakfast this morning.

IMG_1683.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_5001.jpg
My new-to-me 1973 CB350G. Stock, original, complete. And she runs, too. Came with title and tags, to boot. Only cost me one of my kidneys and an 18 lbs smoked brisket - not sure which one was more painful to say goodbye to, now that I think about it.

My new-to-me 1973 CB350G. Stock, original, complete. And she runs, too. Came with title and tags, to boot. Only cost me one of my kidneys and an 18 lbs smoked brisket - not sure which one was more painful to say goodbye to, now that I think about it.

I'd say both had to be painful, but you can live with one kidney.

Bike looks like a solid survivor too, nice find.

Stop at nearby Bunker Hills Park in MN. Close by run I can get bike up to highway speeds.
20220920_184234.jpg 20220920_184517.jpg 20220920_184539.jpg

October 16th and 80 degrees in the Pacific Northwest. Took the opportunity to meet some friends for a ride. We covered 121 miles. the CL ran like a champ.

IMG_3309.jpg

Back
Top Bottom