• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Paddock Stand for 175 / 200

Richard Pitman

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Saw this photo of a Japanese market SL175, curious about the paddock stand. Would be very useful just to keep the bike upright in storage, as the SL doesn't have a centre stand. Had a quick google but can't find a specific stand.

I have a paddock stand for my 600, but this is obviously too big for the 175. Looked at pitbike stands but they are probably not tall enough for 18" wheels. Also, can't make out from the photo how the stand is attached to the rear axle, can't see any cups or bobbins.

Any thoughts ?

A5RTQxD.jpg

Got me thinking. Years back, I bought this Maxiijak wheel changing trolley thing, but never really made much use of it.
oyLoSHX.jpg

Dawned on me that it would be easily converted into a stand for my SL175. Bit of cutting and welding later it looks like this.
tm9m7vB.jpg

The V notches attach to longer bolts with spacers, into the rear shocks bottom clevis. This works, but I think some proper stand bobbins will make a neater job.

Back
Top Bottom