• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Leaking Chain Oiler CB450

Dutchess

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I was unable to get the auto chain oiler to stop leaking so I blocked it off. Not sure if it will help anyone, but this is how I did it. The metal discs are .470” diameter and rubber is a soft tapered plug from the hardware store with a 1/2” large end.
Lee

IMG_2528.jpegIMG_2529.jpegIMG_2530.jpeg

Good idea, those things have been an issue for as long as they've been around. It's good that they weren't on every 450 and 750 during that period, and I've never been sure why they were only on some. Looking at parts fiches, it seems a slightly different version of the oiler screw was on the CB750K0 through K5, and Honda started putting them on the CB450K3 and it shows the oiler through K6. On the CL450 it seemed to start at K0 and ran through K6. But I know I didn't see them on all of those models, so it must have been random to some extent (there wasn't one on my CL450K5). But they always allowed a little oil seepage no matter what you did.

Good idea, thanks for sharing. I did something similar but used a silicone plug made for blocking off holes when powder coating. It has been trouble free for a few years now.

Back
Top Bottom