• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Honda CD175 A4 Cam shaft timing marks

Scotthonda

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi all, I have a Honda CD175 A4 bike that I am restoring and it’s almost time to start the rebuild. I have honed the cylinders, lapped the valves, and treated the bike to a new cam chain. The problem now is retiming the valves, this bike has a split cam shaft ( ie the sprocket is separate from the shaft.). The only marks that I can see on the sprocket are two horizontal lines on one side, but nothing on the other side. Is there another way of checking the valve timing, both left and right cam lobes look identical?. Any help would be most appreciated.
ATB
peter

If it's like the ones with a fixed cam sprocket, if you remove the advance mechanism and look at the key way in the end of the cam, this should be vertical when the crank is set at TDC by the marks on the alternator rotor.

From what you say, your cam sprocket doesn't have the little circle shown in my pic below ?

2m0KEvb.jpg

No that’s right it doesn’t have that small ,o, on the face of the sprocket. So instead I just use the location pin for the advance/retard mechanism, that’s handy.
Thanks for the information Richard.
ATB
peter

Back
Top Bottom