• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Handmade leather panniers and tool bag from Ebayer: Handishiva

Alan F.

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I just received a set of handmade (goat) leather bags from https://www.ebay.com/str/handishiva.
These are for my Enfield Interceptor but they'll probably fit any of the Honda Twins as they're not very large. There are many more styles and sizes in their eBay store. I paid $45.68 shipped.

The tool bag holds 4 12oz beers, the panniers each hold 6. :lol:

IMG_20230315_184555.jpg IMG_20230315_184507.jpg IMG_20230315_184438.jpg IMG_20230315_184354.jpg IMG_20230315_184342.jpg

You could have just used a banana for scale :dizzy:

Seriously though, that looks like a hell of a deal for the money. They look to be nice quality and for that price, can't go wrong.

Thanks, I'm hoping they work out. I'll hit them with saddle soap for a week or two, hopefully we won't see any more snow and there will be enough rain to wash the salt from the roads before April. I'm leery of putting the battery back in the RE while overnight temps are still below freezing.

If you load them up with cold beers there will be condensation (even if you put the beers in a ziplock) and they'll get went inside. I guess a small insulated bag to put them in would avoid much moisture inside the leather. I remember my Dad telling me he used to stuff newspaper in his leather Harley bags to keep their shape when empty.

Beers were handy when they arrived and I couldn't find any newspaper, lol. They're just an easy size reference anyway, it's not like a golf bag where I can carry beer on ice...besides I gave up golf years ago. These arrived squashed flat in a FedEx pouch, each bag wrapped tightly in its own thick plastic bag, crinkly like an antistatic bag but clear, loads of tape sealing everything for monsoon season.

Thanks, I'm hoping they work out. I'll hit them with saddle soap for a week or two, hopefully we won't see any more snow and there will be enough rain to wash the salt from the roads before April. I'm leery of putting the battery back in the RE while overnight temps are still below freezing.

RE?

Suzuki?

Thanks for the link. Wow what a selection in the store. Prices seem crazy cheap. Where did they ship from? What are your initial thoughts about the quality considering price? Thanks

View attachment 20939

Thanks for the link. Wow what a selection in the store. Prices seem crazy cheap. Where did they ship from? What are your initial thoughts about the quality considering price? Thanks

View attachment 20939

They actually ship from Portland, Oregon but I don't know where they're made. Quality appears to be far beyond what the price implies. The Goat Leather on these isn't all that thick, I'd guess in the neighborhood of .050-.060" or 1.5mm which is plenty for bags of this size. I couldn't speak about their other products though.

Check out some of their stuff on eBay for shots of the lining (mine is green cloth with unbound cut edges that will fray in time) but the panniers both have a divider and a zippered compartment inside. I think the tool bag is just the one compartment.

Back
Top Bottom