• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Cool Photo

What a great picture.

If only my father had a camera with him when he paid $35 for the '64 CA72 I had at age 15, it would have been a similar picture (but without the antique truck, which is so cool). It was sitting outside someone's 'garage' in a similar fashion, rusted and raggedy.

I want the truck.
looks like it has a tip tray…
We do have quite a lot of that vintage utility vehicles in NZ. Rusting away in paddocks around the country. Imported and used by our agriculture industries. Pre WW II most came from the US. After WWII we switched to importing from the UK to help them with their war debt. Then of course Japan took over in the late sixties…
having said that we did import motorcycles from the UK in the earliest pre vintage days 1920’s until late 1970’s when the UK motorcycle industry collapsed….

It's actually an early (pre- 64) CA95 150 Benly. Rounded headers, pointy fender brackets, flatside mufflers. Still has it's full chainguard. The red has totally gone to orange.
I wish I could make out the signage on the wall, it might add to the visual narrative.

Back
Top Bottom