• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB350 Rear shocks.

GaryJames

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
The cost to get Chromium plating done in NZ is astronomical these days due to local council regulations and the cost to monitor treat and collect heavy metals and chemicals used in the process.
Hence the number of plating companies has diminished over recent years. So lack of competition and regulations mean costs are high.
The last lot I got plated were the two headers and clamps, handle bars and front cycle guard.
I was going to get the rear suspension springs and shrouds re done but to save costs I decided to get them powder coated gloss black.
Got them back yesterday and on the frame and they don't look half bad. I am happy with the result.

I know Powder Coating is okay on springs , My Fraser Clubman has them and since 2008, including racing, no sign cracking or splitting at all.

gary1.jpg

gary2.jpg

Bonus shot of the rear rack positioned ready to install. Not a Honda part but the PO fitted it so I had this and the rear mud guard re-chromed some time ago.
Some rear struts connect to the number plate bracket for support not shown.

gary3.jpg

Cheers

Gary
Auckland

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom