• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB350 clutch cable free play

Knoxes

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I've decided that the 2 custom cables that I bought were too short and too long. Somehow, over this build, I've bought 5 clutch cables. So rather than buying yet another custom length from MP, I'm going to make one myself. I've measured the free play on two of them and came to 5 1/4 - 3/8". This is from the end of the ferrule to the far end of the stop/nipple. 4into1 has a reference of 3.5". CMC has 6". I'm probably going with my measurements, knowing that they work, unless there's other info out there.

What are you doing with the overly long cable?..... I have need of a longer one to fit to a modified assembly (if it can work as I envision).....
Basically, I need a clutch or brake cable with about 5 foot outer jacket+ adjuster total length (or longer).......

Please PM or phone me if your "extra" is anywhere close.......

Last edited:
Closing loops. I went with 5 1/4" and it works perfectly.

so, with 5 1/4" free play, what overall length did you go with?

For reference, mine is a '73 CB350 with standard/original bars. It still has all original cables and most of the housings are damaged.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom