• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Cb350 and CB360 variations

n00ben7

Total Posts
Total likes
Hello. Just bought forks and wheel off either a CB350 or CB360 (P.O. told me it was a cb360).

I now need to buy the triple clamps. Looking over at cmsnl and there are so many variations of either model: T, K, G, K0, etc. And some of these models the clamps are interchangeable between 350 and 360, others not. How can I find out which model my parts are from? There are no part numbers that I can see on the forks or wheel.

If I measure the length of the forks or the spacing between them can we find out which model it is? The wheel comes with a 3.00-18 tire, disc brake.

When I look at the hub from a cb360 at cmsnl it's interchangeable between all cb250 through cb400, so the spacing of the forks must be the same between models? :undecided:

Edit: Are the letters just different county designations or year?

on the CMC website the upper clamp fits all disc and drum 350 and 360 models. I guess they use the same triple clamps?

Last edited by a moderator:
the later 350 and all 360s top triple clamps are interchangeable IIRC. early 350 fork tops are different. verify before trusting any info from Common Motor.

Edit: Are the letters just different county designations or year?

The K designations (K0, K1, etc) were used back when the frame number wasn't a universal 17 digit true VIN, to identify the model and any changes between it and earlier or later models during a time when new bikes were often held over until the next model year (after September 1st) and sold/titled the following year, so you could have a '71 CB350 titled '72 back then. The CB350G/CB360G was the designation for front disc brake, nothing more, and the CB360T... not really sure why they stuck a T on the end because unlike the CB350F (4 cylinder) they never made a CB360F

the later 350 and all 360s top triple clamps are interchangeable IIRC. early 350 fork tops are different. verify before trusting any info from Common Motor.

The CB350K4-K5/G should be interchangeable with all CB360 models as far as triple clamps with front wheel spacing,etc.

If you have 33 mm fork tubes and chrome top nuts, any of the later fork tops fit. Get matched set as early bottom yoke is much narrower. CB350f and 400f will also fit frame and forks but have different handlebar mounts. Early CX500 will also fit as they had 33 mm fork tubes. Easy dual disc conversion
Haven't done one since 1980 though so don't ask for details

After a little mockup, I think the spacing on my CM450E is exactly the same as the CB360's. If I manage to swap my CM forks to the CB legs I may be able to use my CM450 clamps.

CM forks use the top fork nut to hold onto the upper clamp, as opposed to the CB360 which slide into it like the lower clamp.

They are both 33mm and about the same length (20mm difference). Maybe swapping out internals will make it work.

You need different top yoke, the bolt and plate was sketchy even in 1930's (but it is cheap.)
If your going to do it as a mock up, you need to use the 400 top nuts directly into 350/360legs. I have a set of 400 forks off an old CCS CB350 race bike in shed, I'll take a look at them as I can't remember what was done, I only remember modifying disc brake rotor to lighten it plus I did 'something' with the caliper off 400 as it is HEAVY

I haven't checked to see if the size and pitch are the same between the 2. If I were to use the CM nuts on the CB forks I'm afraid they might not seal properly. The CM450 forks have an inner nut under the top nut that seals and then the outer one that just clamps onto the plate. Unless there is enough threaded depth on the CB forks to use both the CM's seal nut and top nut. I'll check and report back.

Back
Top Bottom