• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB175K6 SuperSport rear sprocket endfloat

TStanb

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi,
This is my first message and request for help. I have bought a complete CB175K6 UK bike which is complete but only loosely held together On inspection, the rear sprocket appears to be very loose on the hub. I have removed the circlip and the spacer and the sprocket with its cush bolts/studs and the actual rubber cushes look pretty good. Is everything normal or do I need to replace anything...the cush bolts? the rubber bushes? the circlip ? the spacer/washer?

Many thanks,
Tim

Hi,
This is my first message and request for help. I have bought a complete CB175K6 UK bike which is complete but only loosely held together On inspection, the rear sprocket appears to be very loose on the hub. I have removed the circlip and the spacer and the sprocket with its cush bolts/studs and the actual rubber cushes look pretty good. Is everything normal or do I need to replace anything...the cush bolts? the rubber bushes? the circlip ? the spacer/washer?

Many thanks,
Tim

Moved to Smaller Twins Wheels, Tires and Brakes section.

Please check your PMs (private messages). Thanks

Some lateral movement is normal but it's not much. The play would be determined by the washer behind the sprocket, sprocket width and the circlip. Wear on any or all of the 3 would affect the play.
I would try to set a feeler gauge in the gaps to see how much there is.

The Cush bushes are in good order but the drive pegs appear a little dry - should they have any grease ?
I can get a tight 8 thou feeler gauge in between the large sprocket washer and the circlip.

I had the impression it was a larger amount of movement you were concerned about. the sprocket studs go into the bushes dry, I've never put any lubricant on them. If the rubber in the bushes is intact and not cracked, the studs are tight in the sprocket and there's only .008" clearance between the washer and circlip it would seem to be pretty normal. Those parts typically only fit snugly when everything is new, and the bike doesn't really have the kind of power that would create destruction of parts given a little extra bit of clearance.

Thanks guys. The bike has only done 17k genuine miles so I’ll carry on. There’re plenty of other things that will cost me time and money to get right so I’ll crack on with them.

Back
Top Bottom