• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB125 K2 or K3, should I buy it_

This is a bike we did not get here in the US, and it's a shame because this bike is much nicer than the SS125A or CL125A that the US got from Honda. It has a tube frame rather than the pressed steel box-type frame the SS and CL125A had, as well as both tach and speedometer combined like the CB72 and CB77. I do not know how rare it might be in the rest of the world but it would certainly be rare here. I feel like the price is a bit high, partly because it's obvious it needs front brake repair with the torque strap disconnected for some reason, and who knows what other problems it may have. Otherwise it seems to be in nice shape for its age. I did some searching for the other K models but couldn't find much, though I did find this at the other forum.

1969 Honda CB125K3

I also found these 2 listings which tells me that it probably isn't newer than a 1971

https://www.theparking-motorcycle.e...cb-cb-125/honda-cb125-123cc-1972/TV1MSG2.html

https://www.theparking-motorcycle.e...cb-cb-125/honda-cb125-123cc-1973/VE08EP8.html

In my opinion this is one of the nicest Honda bikes, why I want to buy it. They are quite rear in Norway but more abounded in Sweden where this particular one is imported from. Thank you for your input about the price. I will try to negotiate but it can be hard since these bikes are also rare here and sought-after.

Well, it is certainly a nice bike, and as I mentioned it's far more desirable than the SS125 or the later single cylinder CB125 we got here in the US. Certainly can't blame you for wanting to buy it. It would have to be fun to ride with that 11,500 rpm redline!

It's odd the main wire harness is dangling down in front of the head, instead of in place under the tank. Almost like it was quickly hung together from loose parts for the photos. All the normally expensive cosmetic parts appear to be in nice shape. I wonder if that switch in the headlight is stock, looks like something borrowed from the CB/CL 77s.

Thanks for the feedback, it’s very appreciated. I’ll let you know if decide to buy it.

I have found a 125 for sale in Norway that I consider to buy. According to the seller a K3 but the exhaust looks like K2 when I compare to pictures of K2. I’m not an expert so I need your help. Any other observation of significance? Asking price is 2 330 USD.

https://www.finn.no/mc/all/ad.html?finnkode=181720599

Thanks

Hello, my brother live in Sweden. He has CB 125 K5 twin. This is quite rare bike. There are some nostalgy trend in scandinavian countries as well as Germany for this bikes. It were first bikes for youths in 70-ties in these countries. Although it is hard to find good value. Check this on blocket.se, tradera.se or german ebay-kleinanzeigen.de .

Hello, my brother live in Sweden. He has CB 125 K5 twin. This is quite rare bike. There are some nostalgy trend in scandinavian countries as well as Germany for this bikes. It were first bikes for youths in 70-ties in these countries. Although it is hard to find good value. Check this on blocket.se, tradera.se or german ebay-kleinanzeigen.de .
I do have a saved search on blocker.se ;) but due to Covid-19 situation buying form Sweden is hard even though Oslo is only 1 hour drive from the border.

Andrew, since you live in Poland I want to ask you a question. How much does rechroming cost in Poland, for example for CB350 front and rear fender? Here in Norway they want € 5000 for each. I’m considering to ship my stuff to Poland and get it rechromed over there.

Back
Top Bottom