• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

can i ride tomorrow?

jackoxc

Total Posts
Total likes
still straightening out light issues with wiring and such but the engine is fine. can i test it on a long ride without these items hooked up without hurting the bike? just asking, thanks.

IMHO, minimum lighting you MUST have to ride is an operable BRAKE LIGHT..... additionally a neutral light would be nice to have....
As long as no wires can short-out, the engine runs well and the battery charges, you can CAREFULLY ride without damaging the bike.....Not sure about LEGALLY......Depends on your local and state codes...

My opinion only, but I would never take a long ride on a bike with ANY issues. I prefer a series of short rides or loops closer to home, just in case of a problem and I have to push it home.

Completely agree. I've gradually been doing longer and longer loops away from home on the bitsa SL175, and I have had the odd nagging moments 20 or more miles distant from base when I've thought ' what would happen if ? '.

I do always carry my mobile phone and RAC recovery card, but that would at best mean a long wait, even if they could find me down some of the back lanes I frequent. I don't carry a tool kit or tubed tyre puncture kit on the tiddlers, although crazily enough I do have a tool lit and tubeless tyre plugging kit on the ultra reliable 600.

LOL.... I agree with Richard and Hondaholic that a sensible ride should be kept closer to home, but the question was "Would it hurt the bike?"......:lol:

A longer ride away MIGHT hurt your back/legs or wallet, but shouldn't actually damage the bike.....

Back
Top Bottom