• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Adding Pics not available on Mobile browser?

ccchghtwr

Total Posts
Total likes
I see no option to add/insert pics or attachments while posting on threads. I’m using Safari on iPhone. Is this the case for anyone else? I had to use a different browser that had a “desktop” website option so I could post pics. Thank you.

I'm not much of a mobile user for anything beyond searches and the occasional video, so other than a few times at HT when out of town (Barber, for example) I haven't uploaded any pictures, and never here yet. Not fond of the small view so I have little experience in doing it even when the conditions are optimum, which I know this format is not much at all for mobile. For now, the desktop view is apparently your best option

Currently there is not any way to upload photos to the forums via mobile device (without using another site to host the images). One can use BB code
COLOR]

Currently there is not any way to upload photos to the forums via mobile device (without using another site to host the images). One can use BB code and link to a photo uploaded somewhere else, but the mobile skin will not allow attachments, sorry. 2009 forum technology combined with 2009 phone tech.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hey, I thought it was 2011 tech... :(

We COULD disable the mobile style in vBulletin. That way the mobile users will see what the desktop users see and be able to upload images. Sure they'll have to zoom in to see but that's a small inconvenience.

Ever try to roam vBulletin on a phone with a standard phone browser? ;) :) It's the biggest pain in the arse because you can't see anything and EVERYTHING needs to be zoomed constantly. My best advise would be to not post photos from a phone. In a raw phone size, they will be too large to upload to the forums anyway. If you must post images from a phone, use a hosting service for your images and link directly to them.

I'll check to see if I have an older version (vB4) of Tapatalk for the forums when I get home this evening. Even then, the current Tapatalk app may not work with it as they have changed their app business model a couple of times.

FWIW, the forum software we are using is old. In internet years, it's a relic. However, it's VERY stable, and extremely well-loved in the forum owners community. It's been around since 2009, and a large majority of vB forum users are still using vB4+ and not the more current vB5, which is a pile of garbage. Before the "upgrade" to Xenforo on the old board last year, this is the exact same system that was in place over there. It just lacks some modern social media and phone interaction features that more contemporary software systems utilize.

Last edited:
Ever try to roam vBulletin on a phone with a standard phone browser? ;) :) It's the biggest pain in the arse because you can't see anything and EVERYTHING needs to be zoomed constantly. My best advise would be to not post photos from a phone. In a raw phone size, they will be too large to upload to the forums anyway. If you must post images from a phone, use a hosting service for your images and link directly to them.

I'll check to see if I have an old version of Tapatalk for the forums when I get home this evening. Even then, the current Tapatalk app will likely not work with it as they have changed their app business model.

FWIW, the forum software we are using is old. In internet years, it's a relic. However, it's VERY stable, and extremely well-loved in the forum owners community. It's been around since 2009, and a large majority of vB forum users are still using vB4+ and not the more current vB5, which is a pile of garbage. Before the "upgrade" to Xenforo on the old board last year, this is the exact same system that was in place over there. It just lacks some modern social media and phone interaction features that more contemporary software systems utilize.

Yes I have actually. On the earlier version of HT (on vBulletin) that was exactly how I used to browse the forum on my phone. Sure it does require zooming in but that's something you can get used to easily and I think phone users would rather have the ability to upload images than having a readable forum (without the need to zoom in) but can't do anything in said forum but type text. As is the mobile users ARE switching to desktop view now in order to use the forum so why not just disable the mobile style altogether? It's kinda useless as is.

In any case I'm just putting it out there for consideration. I'm fine with whatever you guys wanna do.

Yes I have actually. On the earlier version of HT (on vBulletin) that was exactly how I used to browse the forum on my phone. Sure it does require zooming in but that's something you can get used to easily and I think phone users would rather have the ability to upload images than having a readable forum (without the need to zoom in) but can't do anything in said forum but type text. As is the mobile users ARE switching to desktop view now in order to use the forum so why not just disable the mobile style altogether? It's kinda useless as is.

In any case I'm just putting it out there for consideration. I'm fine with whatever you guys wanna do.

Older version of Tapatalk now installed and running. Another Doug accommodation for us. (thumbs-up emoji) Don, do you know of any better/bigger emojis available? I've been looking around at some other forums to see if I can find any we like and maybe Doug can get a copy and add them

Older version of Tapatalk now installed and running. Another Doug accommodation for us. (thumbs-up emoji) Don, do you know of any better/bigger emojis available? I've been looking around at some other forums to see if I can find any we like and maybe Doug can get a copy and add them

This is a good source for emojis and smilies

https://yoursmiles.org/

All of them that big? I was hoping for something in between the almost microscopic ones we have and that size

Back
Top Bottom