• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

A bit of a disappointment , but ....

moaman

Total Posts
Total likes
I have been trying to assemble a CD 175 and have nearly got it to a rolling chassis. So I had a look at the engine .... and found it had a lot of missing parts, such as cam chain, tensioner , all the gaskets and the pistons had no rings on them .... I know all these bits should be replaced, but I'm not sure what else is missing and after checking the price of a few of them , I have thought it will cheaper and quicker to find another complete engine of some sort. Have been looking at Lifan, but wondered what others I could be looking for.

That's odd — what's the history of the motor as far as you know? Original to NZ or imported?

I would want to do a little more cataloging to figure out exactly what you need to get that motor together. As you say, gaskets and rings are generally replaced with a motor rebuild. If it's only a handful of missing parts, I would think it's worth the time and money to use the original motor.

Is there any hope to find a donor bike/motor in your locale?

Active VHT forum member here "Richard Pitman" in the U.K. impresses me with his enthusiasm and 175 & Lifan knowledge, wisdom. Send him a message ?

That's odd — what's the history of the motor as far as you know? Original to NZ or imported?

I would want to do a little more cataloging to figure out exactly what you need to get that motor together. As you say, gaskets and rings are generally replaced with a motor rebuild. If it's only a handful of missing parts, I would think it's worth the time and money to use the original motor.

Is there any hope to find a donor bike/motor in your locale?
I am looking round to see if any spare engines are about , but the chances of finding one is fairly slim. Maybe another Honda engine might be an option. We do have a Honda outlet here , but they are more interested in modern style bikes and garden equipment.

Update ... I called out to see a mate who has a container full of Honda stuff , and he had a complete CB200 with electric start, CDI , single carb. that he said I could have.

Back
Top Bottom