• Since we've had a few minor outages in the last few days, our server host has agreed to move us to another server this evening.
    VHT will be online but closed to posting for one hour between 9:30 and 10:30 PM Eastern time (6:30 to 7:30 Pacific) for them to migrate us to another server. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we continue to try to improve our uptime reliability.

AD

1977 CB200

I ground down one of the link extraction pins on my chain tool, to make a pointed end that would expand the end of the tiny 219 rivet link, as in my first photo.

The DOHC 450 has always been this way and uses the same 219T chain and links. If done properly, it's very reliable.

At the moment all my time is being consumed by the little house by the sea I bought a few weeks ago; there are a few jobs to do… this photo explains why it is so attractive:

IMG_2874.jpeg

Bob (the dog) and I enjoy walking by the North Sea most days.

Having got the CB200 running and riding I’m going to move it over to the Lincolnshire house this week and then mothball the project for a short time, finishing off the remaining jobs later this year. I’ll still have my house in Northamptonshire until the summer, so I can afford to take my time moving.

Many thanks to all the help and advice from this excellent forum so far… I’ll be back (as Arnie would say).

Alan :cool:

Last edited:
At the moment all my time is being consumed by the little house by the sea I bought a few weeks ago; there are a few jobs to do… this photo explains why it is so attractive
A beautiful view for sure, understandable that you and Bob the dog like it so much. Don't be a stranger in between your efforts on the bike, we'll be here.

A beautiful view for sure, understandable that you and Bob the dog like it so much. Don't be a stranger in between your efforts on the bike, we'll be here.
Many thanks.
I will absolutely do that.
My feeling is that in the fullness of time (next winter) I'll end up stripping the bottom and to check everything and change the cam chain. The project so far has established that the CB200 is basically sound and worth investing a bit of time in. Once the seaside house is well established (there are a few building and remodelling projects to complete there this summer) I can return to the CB200. In the meantime it is running and riding (with a list of things that need fixing one day).
Alan :cool:

Looks idyllic. I've never been to Lincolnshire, but my late and very much unlamented mother in law was a regular visitor to Mablethorpe. Closest we've come is a week in a sea front cottage at Bacton, in Norfolk. We experienced very bracing winds straight from the North Sea, and I say that with the experience of a childhood spent on the North Devon coast, facing the Atlantic.

This photo doesn't really convey just how strong the gale was, but here's our late Border Terrier, Bramble, enjoying the sea air !

lIsNflT.jpg

At the moment all my time is being consumed by the little house by the sea I bought a few weeks ago; there are a few jobs to do… this photo explains why it is so attractive
Looks like continous mode composite shot of beaching Abraham Lincoln. Or at least his hat.

I have not had much spare time to spend on motorcycles (because of the recent additional house purchase), but I have worked out why oil keeps spilling out of the generator cover when i adjust the points (and it is good news I think). I happened to look at the CB200 from the rear yesterday and noticed it has a pronounced lean to the left whilst on the centre stand. I had a look underneath and on inspection could see the left hand leg of the centre stand is bent - it has been painted recently, but obviously must have got a bit of a clout in the past.

So, the motorcycle leans to the left > I overfill it slightly to meet the mark on the dipstick on the right side of the motor > some time later I remove the generator cover to see the timing marks > the excess oil drains onto the garage floor (well, actually into the catch tray I've started putting there after the first time I removed the cover). Einfach.

In the fullness of time I'll take the stand off, get it hot and straighten it. Another job on the 'one day' list.

:cautious:

Back
Top Bottom