• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

1976 CB360 Fork Gaiters

Madagas2002

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi All,
I'm.after some advice on removing these fork gaiters.
They are in good condition so ideally I'd like to continue using them.
Any advice on how they can be taken off, as the lower plastic seems very hard.
Thanks in advance.
John

Moved to 360 Suspension section.

I'd suspect a little heat from a heat gun or blow dryer would soften the area where they latch on the lower fork legs so you could get something under the edge. Since it's a CB360 (and not a 350) the bike should have the small caps over the lower fork leg and have exposed fork tubes above. The replacement caps aren't terribly expensive if you end up replacing them.

1976 CB360

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I discovered that the gaiters are French made Ariete brand, so not Honda.
I'm happy to replace them with just seal dust covers.
Happy New Year and thanks for your reply.
John

1976 cb360

Hi,
Thanks for your previous help.
A kettle of boiling water did the trick.
I've discovered that the forks chrome is quite pitted. It is going to work out cheaper to buy second hand, as re-chroming is very expensive.
Would you happen to know if the cj360t forks are interchangeable.
There is a decent set on ebay so it maybe worth getting.
Thanks in advance
John

It would seem they are the same, and for future reference this is how you would determine it.

As mentioned in the Tips for identifying and locating parts link in your Welcome Package of helpful links, go to CMSNL or Partzilla and find the part numbers for the 2 different year or model fork tubes to see if they are the same. In this case they are, but often even if the part numbers are slightly different they might interchange.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb360t-1976-usa_model439/pipe-frfork_51411369000/

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cj360t-1977-usa_model7278/pipe-frfork_51411369000/

Back
Top Bottom