• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

1970 Honda CL350 Scrambler side mirrors

SeattleSooner

Total Posts
Total likes
I want to upgrade the side mirrors. The small, round mirrors don’t cut it. I’m looking for something larger. There are a bunch of rectangular shaped mirrors that are “universal.” Any recommendations?

Larger mirrors, especially the cheap ones, will vibrate more than the stock. Motorcycle mirrors are used as a general reference item, to sort of see what's going on behind you. Unlike a car they don't ever have a good field of vision and are less than accurate. Any maneuvering you make should always be accompanied by looking over both shoulders first, start the maneuver and glance over the shoulder in the direction you're moving to be sure you haven't missed something like a car moving into the spot you're going for and once completed glancing over both shoulders again to see where everything is really at.

I just bought a set of CB CL77 mirrors from the 1960’s models to go on my 1970 CL350. They are rectangular. The also use 8mm mirror mounts vs the 10mm. I am using Emgo’s 10mm male to 8mm female mirror mount adapters and I had to bend the stems to get mirrors facing behind me instead of up. I’ll post some pictures on Tuesday when the adapters come in.

Another member on here used Harley Davidson take offs on his 1969 Honda CL350 and really seems to like them. They look good on his bike too.

Yes, I used a pair of Harley mirrors on mine. The threaded stems are smaller diameter than the mirror holes on the Honda, so they just slip through the holes and are secured with a nut on the bottom. The threaded parts of the stems are a little long, though - I had to use a spacer to get them to tighten up. They come in various shapes and sizes, long and short stem, and used ones can be found pretty cheap on eBay.

A8601385-A2CC-4C51-BB0F-3757B825BFF8.jpeg

F81930D6-1B6A-42C7-A928-71AF6B9F4845.jpg

Here’s the CB/ CL77 mirrors on the CL350 I talked about above. I bent the the stems for a better view behind me . I love the way they look on the bike and the view behind me as well.
1b2e4fb8617679225bf2214510b72dd9.jpg

06478d5f94b046ae7b54231c25fbe86a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look great! Are they short or long stem? I’m going to track down a set. Referring to the Harley ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom